What We Believe
1. The Bible is inspired by God and is “the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct”. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. There is only one true God who exists as The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:6; Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and, God manifested in flesh to save humanity.
4. Man was created good by God but was separated from God through original sin. Through repentance and faith towards the Lord Jesus Christ Salvation is received. (John 3:16; Romans 6:23). We confess our belonging to Him in obeying to His ordinances: Believer’s baptism by immersion as a declaration to the world that we have died and been raised together with Christ, becoming a new creation; The Lord’s Supper as a symbol expressing our sharing in the divine nature of Christ, a memorial of Christ’s suffering and death, and a prophecy of Christ’s second coming. (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
5. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate and subsequent experience following conversion. Spirit baptism brings empowerment to live an overcoming Christian life and to be an effective witness, with speaking in tongues as the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:4-17)
6. Sanctification is “an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God”. It is a process in that it requires continual yielding to the Holy Spirit by walking in faith. (2 Corinthians 7:1)
7. The Church’s mission is to seek and save all who are lost in sin; the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of all people who accept Christ, regardless of Christian denomination. (Matthew 28:18-20)
8. Divinely called and scripturally-ordained ministers serve the Church. (Acts 13:1-3)
9. Divine healing of the sick is provided for in the atonement. (Isaiah 53:4-5; 1 Peter 2:24)
10. The imminent and blessed hope of the Church is its rapture preceding the bodily return of Christ to earth. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
11. The rapture of the Church will be followed by the visible return of Christ and his millenary reign on earth. (Revelation 20:4)
12. There will be a final judgment and eternal damnation for the “wicked dead” and there will be future new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness forever. (Hebrews 9:27; Revelations 20:11-15; 21:1-8)
DGG CHURCH App
Download our app to catch up on sermons, read weekly announcements, submit prayer requests, give online, and more.